Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Today, my beautiful children are 4 months old...and sound asleep upstairs! :o) I wish I had begun writing sooner, as there have been so many emotions I've experienced and so much I've thought about since then, too much to remember. On the other hand, I'm beginning to think more clearly these days with a bit more sleep under my belt, so this seems like a good time to start writing.
What really can be said about being a mother, that hasn't already been expounded on countless times? I love my twins immeasurably. The love I feel for them is unlike any other emotion I've ever felt - different from the love for my husband, my parents, myself (for sure!). I am in awe of my two little people, from their precious smiles down to their cute little toes, from their amazingly different yet equally strong personalities when they're awake to their sweetly angelic faces when they sleep. It is so amazing, such an honor/privilege/responsibility to be the one - the ones, with Hubby of course - to raise them, to nurture these little souls, to teach them how to be good people, to be happy, to find their places in the world, to love G-d. And I expect that I'll learn at least as much as I teach...what a blessing these bubs are!!
What really can be said about being a mother, that hasn't already been expounded on countless times? I love my twins immeasurably. The love I feel for them is unlike any other emotion I've ever felt - different from the love for my husband, my parents, myself (for sure!). I am in awe of my two little people, from their precious smiles down to their cute little toes, from their amazingly different yet equally strong personalities when they're awake to their sweetly angelic faces when they sleep. It is so amazing, such an honor/privilege/responsibility to be the one - the ones, with Hubby of course - to raise them, to nurture these little souls, to teach them how to be good people, to be happy, to find their places in the world, to love G-d. And I expect that I'll learn at least as much as I teach...what a blessing these bubs are!!
